Tuesday, March 22, 2011

These are my confessions, Usher.

Okay listen... I have something to confess. Sometimes, when I'm sitting at a stop light, I slip the cubic zirconia ring from my Grandma off of my right hand onto my left ring finger and watch it twinkle in the sunlight as I wiggle my fingers on the steering wheel. Then somebody honks and I'm all up in my daydream, so I give the guy the finger (my LEFT finger, so he sees the ring) and speed through the light. It's a great deterrent for potential stalkers at the gym, but mainly I just like to pretend K and I are engaged.

Before you freak out, I'm no crazy "I have to get married soon, I'm 27!" nut. My biological clock isn't ticking, I'm not baby crazy, or marriage crazy, or anything like that. I just can't help but beam from ear to ear when I think about the day we become actual family. I can't help but think about my future big poofy white cupcakey dress, the billions of flowers all over the place, and how I hope our kids look like K, and have his strength, patience, and intelligence.

It's the same reason that I've got an entire page in my Trapper Keeper scrawled with variations of my first name, middle name, and his last name (sometimes mine and his, hyphenated) outlined in hearts with smiley faces all over the page. I like to practice my signature for the day we get married. Just so, you know... I won't be all unprepared when I have to sign checks and notarize documents and stuff. Strictly business.

Some people make fun of others for changing their names so fast once they get married... are you kidding me? I'm going to be up on the alter like HOLD ON PRIEST... gotta change my name on facebook. Kthx.

Ahh.... Mrs. K.

It has a nice ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment