1. I used to intern at Cosmo.
2. I wear my Snuggie slippers almost every day.
3. I work from home full-time.
4. It severely erodes my social skills.
5. I have 3 cats.
6. I’m pretty obsessed with them.
7. I have had the same car since I was 16—a Ford Focus.
8. Her name is Chloe.
9. I believe everything happens for a reason.
10. In middle school, I was in a musical titled “Tied to the Tracks.” I played Prarie Rose, and I carried a faux gun. I still have the costume.
11. I have been cheated on.
12. I met the other woman face-to-face and buried the hatchet over several cigarettes and lots of beer. She apologized to me.
13. Approaching her was the single bravest thing I’ve ever done in my life, and it allowed me to move on.
14. Years later, after moving to New York, I was in a magazine article about being single, with a real photo shoot and everything. It made me feel beautiful again.
15. I have a natural blonde streak in my dark hair that is a birth mark. Most people think I dye it.
16. I have 8 or 11 carebears. All of my original carebears were tossed, so I went on ebay and bought an original Love-a-Lot. (He’s my fave)
17. Last week, the mail lady yelled at me for not shoveling our front porch. We are now mortal enemies.
18. I went to a school for smart kids when I was younger.
19. I think it made it a little harder to feel like I belonged.
20. Last night, I watched the episode of Golden Girls with a pre-SBTB Mario Lopez.
21. My parents are divorced.
22. Up until a few months ago, some of my family was estranged because of the divorce.
23. We have recently started talking again, and it has given me a great sense of peace.
24. I adopted my kitty Linus 9 days before I met K.
25. Because of this, May is the luckiest month of the year for me.
|Heart Po, then and now: after a cotton-y explosion.|
27. The reason I know my boyfriend is The One is that he recently re-covered HP when he had a cotton-y explosion in the dryer. Got the sewing machine out and everything. He is a KEEPER.
28. I was a softball pitcher in high school, and I once ran smack into my catcher while trying to catch a foul ball.
29. On one of my first dates with K, I got into his car and ripped the entire ass out of my jeans.
30. It has been almost an entire year (Feb 7) since I’ve had a cigarette.
31. It took me 3 months to get used to being as happy as I am with K, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.
32. I still say “pop” instead of “soda.”
33. I call sliding glass doors “doorwalls.”
34. I didn’t know it was weird until I moved to New York.
35. I watch Gilmore Girls almost every day.
36. I would totally go see a movie if they made one.
37. I feel like K is my Luke.
38. I feed stray cats in the neighborhood. It annoys K because it attracts skunks and possums too, but I can’t help it.
39. I have had a recurring nightmare about getting married where I flee the church in terror moments before the ceremony. The dress changed in each episode, but my sister and my mom were always with me in the dressing room. I could never see the groom’s face.
40. After I met K, I had the same dream. It was the first time that I could see the groom’s face, and instead of being terrified, I was elated. I called him the moment I woke up, at 5am, to tell him.
41. That was the last time I ever had the dream.
42. Linus’ name came from my favorite movie, Sabrina, not Peanuts like most people think.
43. I once backpacked in Europe for 7 weeks with an awesome group of people; it makes me feel like we all have a special bond because of it.
44. My current favorite font is “Selfish” (as evidenced by the title of my blog.)
45. I started this blog to rediscover who I am, to open up and feel connected to people in a way I never have before. It's scary to let people know this much about you, but it's incredibly liberating too. And I really appreciate that so many people care about what I have to say.