Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Day of 2010!

It's the last day of 2010! It makes you look back on your year and wonder where the time has gone. I think especially when you're happy, time flies faster. I know there were years when I wasn't so happy that the days seemed to tick by agonizingly.

I think about how I've spent my last year and the people I've surrounded myself with--I feel extremely lucky to have them all in my life. I think for a long time I've taken them for granted. Things were just handed to me, and my life continued as it were. I began to expect things, and I think I lost sight of how they can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye.

I'm so lucky to have such an amazing family, as dysfunctional as we all are. This past year I've seen a reconciliation between my family over a 13-year-long feud. I can end this year saying that I have a lot of people back in my life that I truly missed, and I plan on working on the relationships to keep it that way. I am lucky enough to have two sets of parents that love me; a sister who is my best friend, an awesome stepbrother, a boyfriend who has absolutely changed my life and the way I look at it. I have an aunt and uncle who have taken me in as one of their own; cousins who have adopted me as their sister, and a few amazing friends who I consider actual family.

I think it's been easy for me to focus on those things that have gone wrong this year. And trust me, there have been some. But the truth of the matter is that I am incredibly lucky to have all of these people in my life, to have a job that I enjoy, to live in a happy home, and to wake up every morning knowing that I have everything I need to survive and be happy in life.

I love you all like family, thank you for being there for me and making my life richer with your sass and awesomeness. I can't wait to see what next year brings for us.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment