Thursday, December 30, 2010

Save the Drama Fo Yo Mama

Drama seems to follow me like a dryer sheet stuck to a Snuggie. And I have a confession to make, dear readers. I have spent the majority of 2010 caught up in other people's business. I have been so busy worrying about what other people are doing, saying, feeling and thinking that I have lost focus on my own goals. I'll tell you this, though--I find myself much happier when I'm able to separate from it.

Much like an unwanted STD, drama manifests itself in one person and makes its way around a group of friends leaving everyone itchy and a little uncomfortable. It's entertaining though, isn't it? Finding out who is divorcing who, who is knocked up, and who is cheating with the dude they met on match.com? And with the integration of facebook as the ultimate pot-stirring, paparazzi stalking tool, creating and maintaining drama is as easy as ever.

I have been thinking a lot about what I want for next year. I think what I'd like the most, aside from health, happiness, and safety for my family, is freedom from the stress that drama brings me. I've been making a concerted effort to rid my life of the negativity that drama carries. I've been trying to find some peace, surround myself with positive, loving people, and roll myself in bubble wrap to protect from the stress (or bounce down the stairs if I so choose.)

So my goal for next year is to stop worrying about other people's business, enjoy the people around me, and focus on bettering myself. I think it's time for me to grow up a little, make a solid effort to keep a positive attitude, and switch to liquid fabric softener.

XOXO,
(P)GG

No comments:

Post a Comment