Monday, April 18, 2011

Ruining K's Netflix Street Cred

Netflix bases its suggestions for new movies to you on your previous viewing history. Knowing this, I treaded lightly in the beginning of our relationship, respecting the boundaries of the Flix. Gradually though, one of my favorite new hobbies has become jacking up K's Netflix street cred. The other day, under "Suggestions For You" it said:

"K, Because you enjoyed: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and The Notebook, we recommend Maid in Manhattan."

Awesomeeee.

The creepy thing about Netflix on Xbox is that other people can see what you're watching. This proved to be humorous when K jokingly turned on "Maniac Nurses Find Ecstasy" to piss me off and we both wound up wrapped up in the plotline. Come on, I had to see if those Nazi Nurses found what they were looking for. The story was HILARIOUS. I would recommend it for you to watch if we were Netflix friends.

Back when K and I first moved in together, I'd go on Netflix via the Evil Xbox Machine under his gamertag and a little box would pop up:

"AWESOMEXboxGUY wants to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2"

I don't know how to answer messages like this, so I just ignored them for the first several weeks. Eventually, the messages stopped coming, I think his friends began to realize I wasn't K when they could see I was watching Army Wives and Rock of Love Bus.

Poor K, trying to keep up his badass Kill to Death ratio... he had no idea what he was getting into when he asked me to move in. First came the pink gingham pillow as a permanent fixture on the bed, (not to mention giant carebears and the purple unicorn) then his street cred went out the door. Oh the things you sacrifice when you find yourself a girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment