Friday, July 15, 2011

Smug cable bastards with their Britney headsets

I got the cable bill this month and it went up $60. SIXTY EFFING DOLLARS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! We don't even use the home phone. In fact, it's the spam number I give out when I enter contests and shiz.

So needless to say, I was pretty irate when I got the letter in the mail.

I'm an independent woman, okay? Really, I am. I've lived by myself, I fully support myself, and I even know how to use a hammer. (Sortof.)

But there are just some things that I have to admit I REALLY love having a bf for. Besides the obvious things, like coaching me when my car is on fire.

K graciously offered to call for me, and I eagerly accepted. I HATE negotiating with those smug bastards in their Britney headsets, tiptoeing around the condescending tones.

Seriously... I know your job sucks, but go eff yourself.

Annnnyways.

K called and was able to successfully (and very calmly, might I add--calmer than I was actually hoping for. I wanted ANGER, people!) negotiate our bill down from a $60 increase to a $6 increase. SCORE!

So yeah, I really appreciate when he does that shiz for me. Because I just hate calling. I get all sweaty and red and pissed, and tomato face just does NOT look good on me.

2 comments: