Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Don't mess with my DVR

I've been watching the Bachelor all season like it was my job. Every Monday night, I'd curl up on the couch in front of the TV, eyes glued to the classy ladies dolled up to be included in Brad's second batch of potential wives. This week was no exception.

So you can imagine how absolutely furious I was when I turned on my DVR to watch the season finale... and TOP GEAR HAD RECORDED OVER IT.

Top Gear. A car show. It wasn't even a new episode.

You... have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I must have panned through the list of recorded shows five times in denial before I accepted that it was true. I carefully googled to find out whether the finale had actually aired that night instead of some other magical night that I hadn't heard about. I knew I was running the risk of finding out who won the final rose, but I hoped I'd make it through the search unscathed. I've even managed to stay off of facebook to avoid seeing who had won.

Fail. Right on the ABC page that came up in my google search was a giant banner with a picture of them, saying "Congratulations to the happy couple!" Fuck you, ABC. No seriously. At least you redeemed yourself by having the episodes available online. Tiny high five.

Poor K called me on his lunch break and cheerfully asked how my day was. Big mistake. He must really love me (and/or could tell how genuinely upset I was about missing this pop culture classic) because he said I could delete the entire season of Top Gear. And to be honest, it felt pretty good to do it. Like punching the bully who beat up your kid. I really love that guy.

So... the moral of the story is that you don't mess with a lady's DVRed shows when she's holed up on the couch with a heating pad. Because it's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment