Monday, April 23, 2012

I quit my job!

Well kiddies, if you couldn't see through my transparent metaphor of a post, I have officially quit my job! (and gotten a new one.)

I don't normally talk about my job on here for obvious reasons stemming from self-preservation, but this is an exciting transition.

I currently work from home full time, as most of you know, and as awesome as that seems, I tend to go a bit stir crazy most days. Plus, K travels for work quite a bit, which leaves me alone to talk to my cats. And my plants. And yell at Maury for dragging out the DNA results.

So I will be a grown up now, with a grown up job in a real office, working for an AWESOME company. I am super excited!

Also, lots of other exciting things happened this weekend while we were in the mitten: my sister picked a wedding venue/date, I saw a lady get hit by a car, and had some car troubles on the 12-hour drive. This is the stuff good blog posts are made of, people. Stay tuned!


5 comments:

  1. Lets not get too perky now missy. I have a bone to pick with you.

    Don't EVER use a metaphor again. You're rubbish at it. What the hell is wrong with you? I nearly lost my faith in humanity after reading that last post. I've been drinking myself to sleep every night and rocking out to Bon Jovi in front of the mirror. You give love a bad name. Nearly.

    And congratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!

    And thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who takes immense joy out of seeing someone get hit by a car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the congrats, guys! And Icy, I solemnly swear to never use a misleading metaphor on you again. I had a secret-info-bubbling-to-the-surface moment, but I didn't know for sure yet, so I couldn't EXACTLY reveal. No more metaphors. Or Bon Jovi. Pinky swear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new job!! I was trying to find a Dawson's Creek reference to put in here, because that's what we do. But they all would have been like "Here's hoping you don't find out your boss is a cheating scuzzball" or "Do your best not to get sexually harassed" or "Don't eat ice cream in the car on your way home".

    So I think I'll just stick with "congratulations!!" and be done with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melbs! I enjoy "do your best not to get sexually harassed." Sassy, smart, helpful.

    ReplyDelete