Monday, June 4, 2012

How soon is too soon?

2 and a half weeks. 11 days. That's how long it took for me to drop the first "that's what she said" on my new coworkers. Too soon?

How soon IS too soon to start letting your true colors fly at a new job? I mean, I went from PJs, Maury, and swearing like a sailor all day every day to: is pink sparkly nail polish appropriate? how soon can I start wearing flip flops? And most importantly, can these people handle my Michael Scott impressions?

Turns out, they can. Hours after my first TWSS, i received my first email about zombies from a fellow designer. Thus began finding a middle ground between the me that sleeps with a pink gingham pillow and business casual me.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I reckon that anything after two weeks is fine to show your true weirdness to co-workers. Maybe hold out a liiiiiittle longer with your boss. But yeah. Two weeks. And if they're already sending you zombie emails, they're clearly fine with it - excellent work on lasting as long as you did! ;)

    ReplyDelete