Monday, June 13, 2011

We did it! Surprise party for the big guy!

Well kittens, we did it. We surprised K! I honestly thought he knew all about the party, or at least most of it, since he came home from work and immediately mowed the lawn, found the pans of cheesy potatoes I hid in the fridge, and helped me keep the house clean. Turns out, he didn't know.

Great SUCCESS!
A carebear birthday all around.

The weekend was initially supposed to be gorgeous, and three days before the party the weather report called for rain. My whole plan to get him out of the house was to take him on a cruise at a nearby lake, and when we woke up to rain, I panicked.

My sister and his best friend were on their way to our house at noon, and low and behold my worst nightmare--at 12:30, half an hour after we were supposed to have left, K sat in front of the TV, unshowered, playing mortal kombat.

The kitchen, complete with baby pictures of K.
I gave his brother the death stare, and he and his gf helped me get him moving. We left the house under the guise of going to a car show in a neighboring town, and I breathed a sigh of relief when we finally left the house. I sent my sister a text:

"The eagle has left the nest."

While we puttered around at the car show and shopping, my sister and his best friend came to the house and decorated EVERYTHING. We spent a few hours out and about, then we convinced K to get us back to the house.

We pulled into the driveway, the garage door opened, and all you could see were our friends and family all standing there with birthday hats on. I was honestly moved to tears, it was so incredibly cool. The look on K's face was priceless, and I am so glad we were able to surprise him.
The slip n slide... and yes, he actually went down it.

We all had a great time at the party, it was a late night filled with a slip n slide, birthday cake, presents, and a little (okay, a LOT) of alcohol. We had friends and family travel several hours just to be there, and I feel so incredibly lucky to have them in my life. Thank you to everyone for making the day great! :)

1 comment:

  1. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the
    video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about,
    why waste your intelligence on just posting videos
    to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to
    read?

    My homepage: view homepage

    ReplyDelete